Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hmmmm....

I thought I would try to be better about posting, but apparently I'm just not!

I've been back from buffalo for about three weeks now and sooooo many things have happened:

1) I got a job with the Art Institute of Atlanta...to start in October of THIS year (I'll mainly be teaching classes on fridays/saturdays...etc)
So starting in October, I will be in three states EVERY week....I think I'm crazy, but at least the money will be good!

2) I played at the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games a few weeks ago and will post pics soon! I had a great weekend, met some awesome new people, and overall just had a lot of fun! It rained out our last set on Sunday, but that was alright...as I had to get back to Nashville anyways!
For more info, I will be blogging on the goddess blogs about my fun time...there were lots of men in kilts!!!

3) My husband and I celebrated our one-year anniversary a few days ago (July 22nd)!!!! We had a wonderful day--very leisurely and finished it off with a yummy trip to the Melting Pot (fondue restaurant)....there were a dozen roses waiting for me on the table--it was so beautiful!! (And the food was great too!)

All in all...everything is going pretty good right now. My parents are doing ok...well, Dad is being dad and has his good days and bad...but he's hanging on.

Oh yesh, and I thought I had played my last Blair band gig at Grandfather Mountain, but apparently I'm on for at least one more! We're off to Raleigh-Durham, NC on August 4th....hopefully it'll be good times!!!

So that's about it methinks. Life has it's ups and downs, but hopefully there will be more ups than downs in the near future!!

~KMB

No comments: