Monday, June 23, 2008

Please Pray....

My mother's surgery is tomorrow. Thankfully they didn't find any other spots of breast cancer and so it will only be a lumpectomy on the one side. I feel grateful to be able to say that it's no big deal, but I'm struggling with the fact that I can't be there for her tomorrow and during the radiation and everything. I feel as if I'm letting her down somehow, even though I'm not sure there is anything I could do if I were there.

I feel really helpless. All I can do is pray. So please, keep my mom in your prayers and send good thoughts her way! Hopefully I'll have more news to post by Tuesday night (after her surgery).

3 comments:

Megan Haven said...

Kim, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for Callie -- sending the same your way for your mom!

Deardeedle said...

Sending good karmic thoughts your mom's way!

LOVE YOU BOTH!

D

KMB25 said...

Megan and Deedle, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers! Mom is doing well and everything went great!