Monday, August 11, 2008

The 2008 Summer Olympics

Ok, so I have to start by saying that I've not always been around during the summers of Olympics. Some summers I've been abroad, others I've been working at some music camp (no surprise, really) but this summer, I'm excited to actually be home to watch the Olympics! I've always loved to try and tune in whenever possible, because I have to admit it, the Olympics FASCINATE me. I ADORE watching the gymnastics, espeically since I used to be a gymnast.

"What's that you say?" Yes, it's true. When I was young, I was really really into gymnastics...and then I turned 12 and reality hit. I realized then how NOT flexible I really was and I turned more towards music. ( smart move, I'd say!) And so I don't tend to pay much attention to beach volleyball/tennis/badminton, etc...but I like to watch gymnastics and swimming...or whatever I can catch on tv!

Ok, Back to the 2008 Olympics: I watched a bit last night after we finished recording the podcast and I truly saw champions compete when I watched the men's 4 X 100 relay. Now, I've never been the hugest fan of swimming, but It was AMAZING!!! And what made it better?? Perhaps it was watching men in speedo's slice through water so quickly? no, ohhhh no. It was watching the Americans kick French ass after said Frenchies were talking smack about smashing the Americans. Didn't they seem a bit quiet after they lost??? hehe...it was something to see, that's for sure! It gave me goosebumps to watch--I was so proud of our American team!!!

I did catch a bit of the gymnastics, at the end of the evening, but I missed the afternoon stuff due to recording...we had a bunch of people over to record our podcast, "Who Cares if You LIsten?" (ok, shameless self-plug...) Check us out at www.whocaresifyoulisten.com and you can subscribe to our podcast through iTunes!

So I'm going to end this by mentioning that it's taking me awhile to get it written because I'm watching the Olympics while typing! I just watched Michael Phelps (amazing swimmer) win his 9th career gold metal, though I think it's only his 3rd of this Olympics..and it was in the freestyle. And he just finished a minute ago winning the Men's 200 meter Butterfly semi-finals :) He's so much fun to watch swim :) I just can't believe he really has a 6 foot 7-inch wing span...or that they'd tell us that...

Now we're back to Gymnastics...it's the men...but even that's kinda fun to watch. I'm definitely going to tune in on Wednesday for the women's finals in Gymnastics!! I love the Summer Olympics!! Go Team USA!!!

No comments: