Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update

So I know I've been a bit down as of late due to the ole' family situation and I really appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and prayers! (Twolilhahas, thanks so much for your comment!) I again, realized how bad I've been about leaving these updates...but I have to be honest--I didn't think anyone actually read my blog (silly me!).

Anyways, Dad got quite a bit better during his 15-day stay in the hospital, which we were happy about since there were a few days that, at the time, made it look like he might not come home at all. And of course, me being 750 miles away in Nashville, doesn't help my emotional state.

So he was finally able to come home last week and since that time, My mother has informed me that he seems to have slid downhill pretty fast. It seems that while in the hospital, they get him feeling really good on these powerful steriods (so he thinks he's better) and then they cut him back down once he's home. He's now huffing and puffing again and complaining (I swear my mother's a saint to even put up with it!) and he's being his usual charming self (read dripping sarcasm here.)

I'm headed home on Monday for a week and I'm really glad that I'll have a good chance to see both my parents. I'm worried a bit about my mom. I don't think she stands up to my dad enough and he tries to control everything, partly because he really doesn't have much left that he CAN control. It's sad to see really. So anyhoo...that's about it.

I've been working a lot (teaching, gigging, etc.). We finally finished up the String Crossings Camp at Belmont, which for those that don't know, it's a string camp for highschoolers who want to learn to play classical, jazz/rock, and bluegrass/country/Irish fiddle. It was a very successful week, but after staying in the dorms with those kids, I'm very tired!

I have a few more non-medical updates that I'll try to post later, but I've got to run and go teach a violin lesson!

~KMB

No comments: