Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July.....

Happy 4th of July!!

I am just having a nostalgic moment and remembering the days of old...the parades, the fireworks (yes, even the illegal ones we set off), the hot dogs, ice cream, and the sparklers that we kids loved to wave around in the dark!

This year the hubby and I went into Historic Norcross (the town in which we live) to see the festival and fireworks last night. Apparently, the town used to have the celebration on the 4th, but was in too much competition with the fireworks and hullaballoo from Lawrenceville...another town just north of Norcross (which is also the county seat...I guess that means they have bigger fireworks???) So Norcross moved their festival to July 3rd. I think it makes for double the celebrations myself...as you know we're not really going to just sit around on the ACTUAL 4th holiday...that would be silly :) And unpatriotic...or something like that.

At any rate, we had a great time! There were tons of people and cotton candy (which of course I had to get), and funnel cakes (which I so wisely stayed away from) and a really bad band trying to play fleetwood mac covers. It had everything :) Even the fireworks were pretty cool!

Today we're off to a friend's house about 45 minutes north of us, to see his new house and hang out with some of my husband's friends that we haven't seen in awhile. I'm sure it'll be good times, with lots of wine/beer and hot dogs/hamburgers. Methinks we'll also try to catch some other fireworks later tonight in downtown Historic Roswell--another historical town very close to where we live. They'll have something similar to Norcross' event, I think, so I guess that means more cotton candy and maybe a funnel cake with my fireworks!

Methinks I'm turning into a fireworks junkie. Or perhaps, I'm just there for the food :)

I hope that everyone (or whoever reads this) has a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments: