Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ah...it's the weekend!

And I've survived this week! There are some exciting things happening, and I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

So far, I've struck out on the book club thing, but I've got a few possible leads, so I don't mind so much! Also, on a previous post, I mentioned wanting to do the tennis thing...but I can't really find a league or lessons that aren't going to be exceedingly expensive and work with my schedule, so I've been thinking about a new direction.....

Ok, to be honest, it's not exactly new. A few years ago, I started doing some Irish step-dancing and for about a year and a half it was awesome! Then I hurt my foot, the teacher got married and moved to Hawaii, had a baby (the teacher had one...not me), and of course...changed her teaching schedule. So I couldn't seem to make everything fit..and then of course, life intervened and I got swept up in gigs, and wedding plans....and well to make a long story short, I am going to start back into Irish step-dancing lessons with a new teacher!!

I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm going to make it work!

On another note...the wedding tonight (Friday) went really well. I really miss seeing my friend John. After the wedding, I went out to dinner with John and his wife, Leanne (ok...I may be spelling it completely wrong) but we had a great time! It was nice to hang with friends that I haven't had a chance to see in a really long time!

Ok...so now, another random topic. I was flipping through the Yahoo! News and of course the top story is the death of Anna Nicole Smith. Well, I can't say that I'm really surprised, but it was a bit disturbing to see that even in death, she captured so many headlines. Hopefully that will wear off soon. However, on a blog that I've been following for about a year (although never had the courage to leave a comment) there's a disturbingly funny post about this topic. While it may be in poor taste to pass this on....oh well...it was funny!! Check it out:

http://www.gigglechick.com/erin/blog/2007/02/will_your_dna_hold_up_in_court.php

Now I'm off to bed! The Music City Feis is tomorrow (It's an Irish step-dancing competition) so methinks I'll check it out...especially since there'll be a ceili (Kay-lee...it's a big Irish party) tomorrow night that I think will be fun to play at!

~KMB

1 comment: