Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Weird, Wrecked, and Wretched Weekend....

Ok, so I'm having some fun with alliteration. Anyways, it was a HORRIBLE weekend. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I was supposed to go to Arlington, TX with the Blair Band....never happened...but not for lack of trying...ughh...

Saturday Morning...I got to the airport with plenty of time, parked my car in the economy lot and hopped the shuttle to the terminal. Waited around 3 hours to find out that all flights into Dallas/Fort Worth on American Airlines were cancelled out of Nashville. That sucks. Ok, so plan B. We don't have a plan B....sucks even more, but I figured, 'Cool...free weekend!'....Soooo not to be. Around 10:45 that evening, as I was getting ready for bed...mind you, I was still trying to recover from whatever virus was kicking my butt this past week...I got a phone call informing me that we were booked on the 6:35am flight the next morning. yeah, I know..crazy huh? Well, it was true..
This leads us to:

Sunday...I manage to get up around 3 AM...yes, you read that right. 3:00-in the %*&#@-ing morning so I can get to the airport with enough time, only to park, hop yet another shuttle, go through security, to find out around 6:15am that we can't possibly leave until at least 7:55 am because the crew got in too late the night before and weren't even legal to fly until then. So the executive decision came down to cancel yet again.....at least I got to sleep...but I was pissed. Why couldn't we just have re-scheduled on Saturday? Why did they feel the need to drag me out of bed at 3:00 in the morning?

Anyways, I feel like I'm still trying to get back on my feet from Sunday...

Anyhoo....on another note, I'm helping to get ready for the String Crossings Honor Orchestra which will be going on This Saturday, March 3rd at Belmont University. It's supposed to be a great recruiting tool for the school as well as the String Crossings Music Camp which promotes "Music Without Boundaries"...a cool title, I might add. Either way...it's bound to be a good concert...I just hope I have enough energy to survive! I'm running around trying to get lots of things ready for it!

Gotta go and sleep...tomorrow's another teaching day!

~KMB

No comments: