Friday, February 2, 2007

Snow Day....take two

It's Official...there is snow on the ground! Ok...so it's only really about an inch or two at most, but all the schools have closed for today in Middle Tennessee. It's kind of pretty outside....people are still trying to go out and about (I don't even want to think about the road conditions just yet, especially with TN drivers...) but it's nice because it reminds me of home.

I miss the snow. While I'm not always a huge fan of biting cold....I really do miss the snow. I miss the skiing (the Clarence Ski Club--Deedle convinced me to sign up!), the hot chocolate, the snowball wars, and during that fun 7ft. snowstorm of 2001....I miss digging a tunnel! (Granted, the ceiling fell on poor Megan...hehe...but what a sight that was!!)

It's these times that I look back and I remember all the fun I had as a child....and I look forward to making those kinds of memories with my children (it might be a few years...but that's alright!)...although I already know that we won't get much snow at all when we move to Atlanta!

Speaking of Atlanta....I'm headed there for the weekend! I have a student competing in the Atlanta Irish Music Competition in Alpharetta, GA (just north of Atlanta) and so we're off this afternoon :) I have to get some laundry done before we leave, so I'd better get going!!

~KMB

1 comment:

Rachel said...

sadly, i never had any school cancelled for either the threatened or the actual snowfall...ah well.