Friday, February 2, 2007

Aloha and Mahalo.....

As I was trying to add more pics to my computer, I found the last file (that Alan finally downloaded from the camera the other night) of the honeymoon pics...Yay!! I finally get to see our pictures from the second week in Hawaii--on Big Island in Kona!

We stayed at a wonderful time share (that Alan's parents have) and they always have fun things scheduled going on at the resort...like learning to make fresh floral leis and learning about the native Hawaiian music, language, and dance! Alan and I attended one of these and since we were on our honeymoon, they had us do the special "marriage ceremony" where you place the Lei that each of you made around your spouse's neck. I was surprised that Alan actually wore the lei for at least five minutes! So here are some of the pictures....Enjoy!



This is the view from the patio where we made Leis!



This is part of the Hawaiian Marriage Ceremony....apparently it was very easy to get married in the Polynesian culture!




Ending the ceremony with a kiss!





Hehe...here's one of Alan. I'm not sure he even knows I'm posting these...isn't he gorgeous though?!!!...and I made the Lei he's wearing!




These were the women in charge of teaching us all about native Hawaiian culture!




Anyways, I have a few more that were from the 12-hour volcano tour we took, but it's getting to be past my bedtime! I'll save those for another post :) It's exciting for me to actually be able to fnally see and post these pictures!


Aloha and Mahalo.....
~KMB

No comments: